So if you are a single mom who has very little time to spare for taking care of yourself, we have here a list of easy weight loss and homemade soup ideas that you can whip up anytime in a matter of minutes. These healthy soup ideas will help you manage everything while taking care of your body. Some of these soup recipe ideas are as follows:
1. Comforting Chicken Soup – Chicken soup is a classic soup that is best enjoyed during a cold weather. It could instantly make you warm while all bundled up during lazy, winter days. It is believed that the winter season can even make you fat. The weather can keep you indoors, thus, it limits you to go outside for a quick stroll or a walk. The cold weather can enhance hunger pangs and cravings. To avoid packing on the pounds during the cold season, this comforting chicken soup recipe can give you the warmth you need without the guilt.
Ingredients: You will need coconut oil or vegetable oil, onion, julienned carrots, chopped celery stalks, crushed garlic, curry powder, chicken broth, diced cooked chicken breast, salt, thyme, zest of lemon and coconut milk.
How to do it: (1) Heat large pot over medium heat and add oil. (2) Cook onions and garlic until fragrant. (3) Add carrots, celery, and curry powder. Mix until almost dried. (4) Pour chicken broth, chicken cubes, thyme and zest of lemon. Cook until chicken meat is tender. (5) Add coconut milk if desired. Add black pepper and salt to taste.
This recipe can be completed in 30-45 minutes. It’s also very affordable. You can also use leftover chicken for the recipe. Don’t have time to whip up this recipe during work days? No problem. You can always make this recipe during the weekends or whenever you have time. Freeze a portion of it and heat for 3-5 minutes and voila; you’ll enjoy a healthy chicken soup every day.
2. Tofu Noodle Soup – Tofu is commonly used as a substitute for meat. It is equally rich in protein but is a lot healthier. Tofu is usually found in Asian cuisines and deemed very healthy. If you are a meat lover but want to avoid excess fats, this Tofu Noodle Soup recipe will give you complete nutrients from carbs to protein.
Ingredients: cubed extra firm Tofu, soy sauce, sesame oil, 1 can vegetable soup, frozen chopped broccoli, udon noodles.
How to do it: (1) Combine tofu, soy sauce and sesame. Set aside. (2) In a pot, bring to a boil udon noodles, vegetable soup, and chopped broccoli. (3) Add in combined tofu with soy sauce and sesame. Simmer for 5 minutes.
This recipe can be done in less than 30 minutes. This is best if you want to skip high carbs and meat which takes time to digest.
3. Onion-Mushroom Soup – Mushroom soup is another classic recipe that you can easily whip up in your kitchen in a very little time. Below is an easy recipe you can try.
Ingredients: onion, sliced mushrooms, butter, onion-mushroom soup mix and beef broth.
How to do it: (1) In a pan, sauté onion and a pound of sliced mushroom in butter. (2) Add beef broth, onion and mushroom soup mix. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
This recipe is very easy to do which will only need up to 15 minutes from preparation to cooking. Most of the ingredients can just be bought in the grocery. It doesn’t need complicated ingredients. Prepare this recipe in advance and just re-heat whenever you feel hungry. Eat without the guilt.
4. The Classic Potato Soup – Potato is a great source of carbohydrates and fiber that could easily make you feel full for longer. It reduces hunger pangs which stops you from bingeing in between meals. Below is an easy potato soup recipe you can quickly prepare anytime.
Ingredients: olive oil, diced onion, cubed potatoes, milk, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
How to do it: (1) In a saucepan, sauté diced onions until fragrant. (2) Add diced potatoes. Add water and boil for a few minutes. (3) Bring down heat to a simmer when potatoes are tender. Add milk, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 2 more minutes. This is an easy recipe you can do in less than 15 minutes. Pre-heat before serving and garnish soup bowl with cheddar cheese on top and spring onions. You can add black pepper to taste.
5. Tomato Vegetable Soup – Vegetable soup ideas are highly in demand as many health conscious individuals turn to vegetables for nutrition. Vegetables offer a complete source of nutrients like fiber, protein and vitamins. Below is a classic vegetable soup recipe that you can easily prepare at home.
Ingredients: Tomatoes, chopped onions, chopped ginger, a bag of mixed peas, cubed carrots and sweet corn, black pepper and salt to taste, cornstarch or corn flour to thicken the soup. How to do it: (1) In a pot, sauté chopped onions until light brown. (2) Add a bag of mixed veggies and tomatoes. Stir for 3 minutes and add water. Let it boil for a few minutes until vegetables are cooked. (3) Add cornstarch or corn flour if you want the soup to be a little thick and textured (4) Add salt and black pepper to taste.
Make this recipe at home for only 10-15 minutes. Instantly enjoy a comforting and guilt-free vegetable recipe anytime.